Cat C+E LGV Driver Training
As everyone is aware no practical driving tests are available for the general public until about 16th June, if our calculations are correct and if things don’t get worse and the ban is extended. We will keep you informed of the latest information as we know and fit training in as the crisis eases and testing resumes. However we can still train the Emergency Services, tests are there for the Ambulance, Fire and Police services as well as theory tests. We can help those who need these qualifications through the paperwork and tests. As an emergency service we can offer a discount to those who need these qualifications at this desperate time.
Please call and discuss your needs.
LGV HGV or Class 1 training for the Artic or C+E.
Vehicle used for C+E training.
This is taught in a modern Scania G420 which has a fully automatic 12 speed gear box. A 4 wheel tractor unit with a twin axle trailer and an overall length of 14.9m means it is easy to reverse and is an ideal training vehicle for those moving up to articulated lorries. It also means you are familiar with the type of trucks that blue chip companies are using.
How Class 1 (C+E) training is performed.
You are trained on a one to one basis. This means you get the training you need to pass your HGV LGV test first time, which is why we have a high first time pass rate. The reason we have a high 1st time pass rate is our rather different approach to LGV HGV training in Wiltshire, Swindon, Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Bristol, which when you pass first time means you save money on your LGV HGV training. Training is one to one and is charged on a daily rate subject to your experience and ability rather than a set course. Spread over a few days you have a chance to learn where you are going and work on your bad habits. The more homework you do the less days training you need.
LGV C+E driving test training includes.
- Reversing exercise. If you can reverse it will cut your HGV LGV Artic training time down. If you cannot reverse do not worry, we can teach you the LGV HGV Artic reversing test, how long it takes for you to learn it is subject to your ability. Some people need more time to learn the skill of reversing an artic which is why 1 to 1 HGV training is better for them as there is no pressure to get it right quickly and you can practice as much as you like.
- Couple and uncouple trailer. Again we will train you fully to complete the exercise to the test standard required. How to do this correctly is set out in detail for you to learn before you start your course. As your training is one to one you can learn this before you attempt it and practice it as much as you want or need too.
- Show me tell me questions as you had in your rigid test.
Areas where Class 1 HGV driver training is provided:
- LGV C+E driver training in Swindon
- LGV C+E driver training in Newbury
- LGV C+E driver training in Marlborough
- LGV C+E driver training in Faringdon
- LGV C+E driver training in Cirencester
- LGV C+E driver training in Wiltshire
- LGV C+E driver training in Oxfordshire
- LGV C+E driver training in Gloucestershire